"Business Intelligence Projects are not Mission Critical, but they are Business Critical"
Users have direct access to information
- Eliminates the need for a "report gopher"
- Puts information into the hands of the decision makers
- Allows users to ask questions of the database
High Return on Investment
- Easier to maintain than most relational systems because of the inherent calculation properties of a cube
- Relatively easy to build and develop
- Quick development cycle
OLAP has become the analytical standard
- Lower costs have increased usage of OLAP products
- Most RDBMS systems now include an OLAP tool
A multidimensional cube can combine data from disparate data sources and store the information in a fashion that is logical for business users.